Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Print This Post The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Previous: California Affordable Housing Bill Stalls—What Now? Next: Dallas-Based Loan Technology Firm Announces New Image Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Disaster Relief Forelcosure hurricanes 2019-05-20 Seth Welborn Tagged with: Disaster Relief Forelcosure hurricanes The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily in Daily Dose, Featured, Foreclosure, Government, Loss Mitigation, News Subscribe The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / Harvey’s Aftermath: Lawmakers Push for Hurricane Relief for Homeowners Seth Welborn is a Reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Harding University, he has covered numerous topics across the real estate and default servicing industries. Additionally, he has written B2B marketing copy for Dallas-based companies such as AT&T. An East Texas Native, he also works part-time as a photographer. U.S. Representatives are pushing for the allocation of promised disaster relief aid Texas and other disaster-affected states. U.S. Reps. Randy Weber and Lizzie Fletcher, introduced the Bipartisan Disaster Recovery Funding Act last week, with support from 13 other co-sponsors from Texas, mostly from the Houston area, as well as supporters from other communities waiting on the funding, including Louisiana, South Carolina, Florida and Puerto Rico.The Act directs federal agencies to release the $16 billion in disaster funds Congress approved in early 2018 following Hurricane Harvey to different states and territories—including more than $4 billion to Texas—within 60 days.“After Harvey hit, I fought alongside the Texas delegation to secure additional funds for Harvey survivors,” U.S. Rep. Mike McCaul. “Unfortunately, the agencies tasked with distributing these funds did not respond with the same urgency.”According to the Texas Tribune, Texas has already received billions of dollars for Harvey recovery, but each bucket of money is designated for a specific purpose. The $4.3 billion that Congress approved for Texas last February is part of a HUD grant program designed “to help cities, counties, and States recover from Presidentially declared disasters, especially in low-income areas.”Hurricanes and HomeownershipAccording to a report from the Urban institute, natural disasters leave a negative impact on homeownership long afterward. Urban notes is that the negative effects of disasters persist, or even grow over time, for important financial outcomes. Urban’s report calls for lenders and government sponsored enterprises to update existing mortgage delinquency and foreclosure policies to account for these long-term financial burdens following disasters.As part of a plan to further address affordable housing issues, and possibly address some of the issues put forth by the Urban Institute, House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters included a plan for pre-disaster mitigation funds in a bill introduced on Tuesday. Part of the bill contains $5 billion to support mitigation efforts that can protect communities from future disasters and reduce post-disaster federal spending.The additional funds may act as insurance for homeowners affected by natural disasters. According to data from Colorado State University, there is a 48% chance of coastal areas being hit by hurricanes making landfall this year, just slightly down from the century-long average of 52%. Homeowners without proper insurance in these areas are at high risk for default or foreclosure.Learn more about how to prepare for natural disasters at the 2019 inaugural Five Star Disaster Preparedness Symposium, July 31 at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans. The Symposium provides an opportunity for national leaders and executives to engage in critical conversations on diligence and preparedness, so the next time a natural disaster strikes, the industry will be ready to lend the proper support. Register for the Symposium here. May 20, 2019 1,858 Views Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago About Author: Seth Welborn Harvey’s Aftermath: Lawmakers Push for Hurricane Relief for Homeowners Share Save Related Articles read more
Statewide—Last week, Governor Eric J. Holcomb signed an Executive Order to further extend the Bureau of Motor Vehicles renewal deadlines. Driver’s licenses, identification cards and vehicle registrations that expire prior to June 4 will now be valid through June 4. The order also extends the BMV’s deadlines for title transactions, salvage titles, and off-road vehicle and snowmobile titles.Additionally, it provides an extension to June 4 for anyone who has an expiring state-issued professional license or permit. as well as ensures election workers are able to collect their stipend without reducing their unemployment benefits. This is to help in the aid of finding poll workers for the June 2 Primary election.
Leicester City stumbled on their march towards the Premier League title by dropping two points in a 2-2 draw with West Ham United despite a last-minute equaliser from Leonardo Ulloa at the King Power Stadium yesterday.Leicester finished the match with 10 men after goalscorer Jamie Vardy was sent off early in the second half for a second yellow card.Leicester coach Claudio Ranieri praised his side for saving a point, which put them eight clear of second-placed Tottenham Hotspur with four matches to play. Spurs’ match in hand is at Stoke City on Monday and if they win that they will narrow Leicester’s lead to five points.“The sending-off changed the whole match, but I judge my players, not the referee,” Ranieri said without commenting on the red card.“This was our soul, we play every match with blood, heart and soul, it was magnificent,” added the Italian whose team had won their last five games to close on their first English top-flight title.West Ham almost scored in the second minute when Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel saved a header from Cheikhou Kouyate, tipping the ball on to his left-hand post before it rolled across the line and hit the other upright.Vardy put Leicester ahead after a lightning counter-attack in the 18th minute with a left-foot shot into the corner of the net before picking up his first booking for a late challenge on Kouyate.His second yellow came early in the second half when referee Jon Moss ruled he dived looking for a foul and the match gradually swung West Ham’s way.They equalised through an 84th-minute Andy Carroll penalty after Wes Morgan hauled down Winston Reid and looked to have won the game two minutes later when Aaron Cresswell scored a stunning goal with a fierce shot from the edge of the box which dipped and swerved as it flew past Schmeichel.But with only seconds of stoppage time remaining Leicester equalised when Ulloa scored from the spot after Carroll fouled Jeffrey Schlupp.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram read more
Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme