Governor Tom Wolf: Medicaid Block Grant Effort Could Cut Health Coverage for Children, Seniors, and Addiction Treatment January 23, 2017 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Healthcare, Human Services, Medicaid Expansion, National Issues, Press Release, Public Health, Seniors Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today said the federal government should not pursue a block grant program that would cut funding for Medicaid coverage for many hard-working Pennsylvanians and their families, including seniors getting nursing and home care, people with disabilities, children and those being treated for substance use disorder.“The current plan to replace the Affordable Care Act would cut health care for our most vulnerable residents, including children, seniors, and individuals suffering from opioid and heroin addiction,” Governor Wolf said. “This will have a devastating impact for many Pennsylvanians, and I will fight any attempt to cut coverage for hard-working families and seniors.”Shifting Medicaid to a block-grant program has emerged as part of a still unknown plan to follow the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). A plan introduced in 2012 by the current Speaker of the House to block-grant Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) would lead to funding reductions of approximately one trillion dollars in just a decade, and impact services that could result in:Seniors and children losing their health insurance;Some of our most vulnerable Medicaid enrollees losing access to drug and alcohol treatment, which is essential in battling the opioid and heroin public health crisis that took over 3,500 lives in Pennsylvania in 2015;Nursing home care for Pennsylvania seniors put at risk;Closures of rural hospitals and put rural health care in danger.Governor Wolf has already contacted U.S. congressional leadership and Pennsylvania’s congressional delegation, warning of the impact on these populations and communities from a repeal of the Affordable Care Act.Pennsylvanians are encouraged to share their Medicaid stories with the Department of Human Services here.Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf read more
AURORA, Ind. —A 19-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a threat at Dearborn County High School last week, police said. Devin Sandlin was arrested on an intimidation charge (Level 6 Felony) in connection to the Tuesday incident. Classes were held Wednesday with much more security, including two police officers at each entrance and searches as needed.
Police probing rape allegations against Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar announced Tuesday that they have closed their investigation due to a lack of evidence.Investigators at the Sao Paulo police station where a Brazilian woman made the accusation in May confirmed on Tuesday the case has been passed to public prosecutors, who have 15 days to make an evaluation and final decision. “I concluded the investigation yesterday. I did not see enough elements to indict,” Sao Paulo police investigator Juliana Lopes Bussacos said in a press conference.Neymar has vehemently denied claims he raped the alleged victim May 15 in a Paris hotel room.The woman claims she exchanged messages with the 27-year-old on social media before meeting him at the Sofitel Paris Arc Du Triomphe.She said she returned to Brazil two days later but was too emotionally shaken to report the incident until May 31. Neymar subsequently posted an Instagram video in which he claimed the allegations were part of an extortion attempt.The case came to light shortly before the Copa America, which the Brazil international missed because of an ankle injury.His club career is shrouded in uncertainty, with the forward eager to leave PSG amid reported interest from former club Barcelona. read more
Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme